Major objectives of Research
The focus on the development of physical recreation and wellness will be highlighted with research in the following areas:
- Administrative system and policy on promotion and development of wellness through physical recreation past, present and future as well as from a comparative perspective.
- Acquisition of lifetime sports and recreation, and the role of school, national sports associations, clubs and other agencies.
- Physiological implications of various liftetime sports and recreation on achieving wellness.
- The prevention of obesity.
- The incidence of injuries, physiological demands of various activities, and the influence of gender and age on various physiological parameters.
- Development of recreation facilities at housing projects of various sizes and income levels.
A journal is published on a regular basis to disseminate information in this area. Conference proceedings are published on a biannual basis.
The Centre can also provide professional consultation on specific projects if requested.The Centre can also provide professional consultation on specific projects if requested.
- Prof. Lena Fung, retired from Dept. of Physical Education, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Dr. Yvonne Yuan, the Hong Kong Association of Sports Medicine and Sports Science
- Dr. Peggy Choi, Dept. of Sports and Recreation Management, THEI
- Ms. Ip Hay Wood, retired from Dept. of Physical Education, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Dr. Li Feifei (李飛霏), Beijing Sports University, China